Information for Employees
The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation is a non-profit organization providing free legal aid to thousands of employees nationwide whose human and civil rights have been violated by compulsory unionism abuses.
About Your Legal Rights
We know you are busy. If you don’t have time to read through all of the legal information on this site right now, here are the highlights. However, if your job is on the line, be sure to take the time to read the full details about your problem on our web site – or contact us for legal aid!
To learn more about your legal rights, please select the category of employment to which you belong:
- Federal Government Employee
- Private Sector Employee
- Public School Teacher or College Professor
- Airline/Railway Employee
- State or Local Government Employee
- Charter School Teacher or Employee
NOTICE: This web site is intended to provide general information and is not intended to offer legal advice about specific situations or problems. There is no intention to create an attorney-client relationship by offering this information, and anyone’s review of the information shall not be deemed to create such a relationship. You should contact us if you have a legal matter requiring attention that you believe comes within the scope of our charitable legal aid program. Nothing on this site creates an express or implied contract. Moreover, the results of cases depend upon a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes in Foundation-supported cases do not predict or guarantee future success.
Briefing and Background Papers
- Deauthorization Election
- Decertification Election
- Decertification under the Railway Labor Act
- Can Union Bosses Punish You? - Union Discipline and Employee Rights
- Public Sector Decertification Laws (as of 8/2010)
- Public Sector Deauthorization Laws (as of 8/2010)
- An Employee's Guide to Union Dues and Religious Do Nots
- Employees in Right to Work States: Beware of Signing Union Dues Check Off Cards
- The tip of the iceberg: PACs & The Forced-dues Base of Big Labor's Political Machine
- Big Labor's Massive Political Machine
- Big Labor’s Top Ten Special Privileges
- Legal Analysis of Fee for Grievance Legislation in a Right to Work State
- Policy Analysis: The Permissible Use of Forced Union Dues From Hanson to Beck
- Employees in Right to Work States
- Catholic Social Teaching and the Right to Work
- Are You Funding Your Union’s Federal PAC (Political Action Committee) Unknowingly or Against Your Will?
- Union Bosses Richer After Campaign "Reform": The Impact of Initiative 134 in Washington State
Special Legal Notices
- Special Legal Notice to Most Private-Sector Workers in Michigan
- Special Legal Notice to Most Public-Sector Workers in Michigan
- Special Legal Notice to Most Private-Sector Workers in Indiana
- Special Legal Notice to Public-Sector Workers in Wisconsin
- Special Legal Notice to Employees: Permanently Reduce your IAM or TCU union dues
- Special Legal Notice to California Teachers: How to Get at Least a $300 refund of CTA Nonbargaining Expenses
- Special Bulletin for Actors and Actresses
- Special Bulletin for Private-sector Workers Subjected to Top Down Organizing "Neutrality Agreements"
- Special Legal Notice to Washington Teachers: Get your $200 WEA dues refund